Structure for innovative and added value programs
Learn about innovative and value added programs from Medicare y Mucho Más (MMM) (HMO) and PMC Medicare Choice (PMC) (HMO).
Patitas Calientes is a community program sponsored by MMM and PMC that promotes physical and emotional wellbeing, while members:
- Participate in community activities
- Exercise with a professional trainer that helps them improve their coordination, flexibility and motor skills
- Receive health education
- Take part in sporting, social and charity events
- Enjoy entertainment activities designed for them
- Improve their health and reduce the risk to develop obesity and other diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure.
The program is for people 60 and older or Medicare beneficiaries with an impairment. Patitas Calientes is completely free and incorporates members from the general community, which means they don’t have to be MMM or PMC members.
We currently have several groups throughout the Island. Joining is real easy, call us today at 787-622-7511!
(Caring more about you)
Program that groups personalized services for members with chronic conditions and special needs. It maintains continuous communication with physicians, and offers members an entire team of nursing professionals, physicians, pharmacists, health educators and social workers, among others, to better care for members’ health. This program includes:
• Health Promotion and Education: prepares members for adequate health management through prevention and education
• Smoking Cessation Program: a member receives the support needed to quit smoking
• Government Aid Program: information center on assistance programs
• Discharge Planning Unit (DPU): the best step from the hospital to your home
• Case and Disease Management
(Getting in Touch)
Medical helpline available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Trained personnel teach you about what to do when you have a health concern and your primary care physician or caregiver is unavailable.
A gathering place, exclusively for MMM and PMC Members. There they enjoy a variety of activities and receive valuable information. In addition, they can spend time with peers and meet new friends. In the Club they have access to reading areas, computer lounges, boardgame tables and even educational talks, among other amenities. There are currently Members Club facilities in Manatí, Ponce, Carolina, Mayagüez and Bayamón.
Program for members, offering a bargain coupon booklet with attractive discounts in entertainment, restaurants, and services around the Island, every quarter.
(Rewarding your Health)
A program that recognizes members who perform preventive measures on their own. They will receive rewards for complying with specific prevention tests for which they are eligible, according to clinical criteria of their Primary Care Physician (PCP):
Tests or preventive care activities
Bone density testRheumatoid arthritis
Body Mass Index
PREVENTOUR is an initiative from MMM and PMC that has as its mission reinforcing preventive behavior among the advanced age and disabled populations. This way, they can comply with the requirements and standards of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
As part of its prevention initiatives, Preventour offers health screening tests free of charge throughout the Island. They are offered through medical offices or our regional offices. The tests offered are:
- Visual exam for diabetic patients (eye fundus test)
- Spirometry for COPD patients
To encourage preventive actions, PREVENTOUR will also offer educational seminars to all MMM and PMC members at Members Club facilities.
For more information:
- 787-522-5622 (Metro Area)
- 1-877-522-8604 (toll free)
|>> Monthly Activity Calendar <<|
MMM and PMC Members have the free Health on Touch application available, better known as HOT. With HOT, members and their authorized caregivers have easy and secure access through the Internet or on their computers, tablets or smart phones to important information from their plan which is updated daily, including:
- Medical history and current conditions, preventive tests done, and vaccines administered
- Medications being taken
- Provider Directory
- Annual Risk Assessment
- Important plan information and available services
- Coming soon: Preauthorization Information
Program especially designed for those people in charge of the care of a member during all weekdays or for some periods of time. It has the purpose of giving tools and services that help and facilitate the caregiver in its important task.
Some advantages for Caregivers:
In one call, the caregiver can receive orientation in a secure and quick way about the coverage that best meets all needs of the person he or she is taking care of.
- When choosing option #2, the caregiver can receive first aid service with specialists in emotions management and mental health.
- 1-855-622-5606 (toll free)
- 787-522-5606 (Metro Area)
- 1-866-333-5469 MMM TTY (hearing impaired)
- Monday through Sunday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Express Service in Regional Offices with preferential turn in line.
Exclusive Access to Members Clubs
Courtesy monthly passes to enjoy activities
Drugs Reconciliation Clinics
Pharmacists give you orientation about the use and interaction of the member’s medications and yours.
- Caregivers Guide and Registration
- Informative capsules in our blog, www.sieMMMpresaludable.com
- Presentations about chronic health conditions in our Health on Touch (HOT) page.
Exercises with Patitas Calientes groups in your community.
More advantages soon!
If you know a caregiver, refer him or her via email for registration: Cuidadores@mmmhc.com